Friday, March 27, 2009

Former Sutton, UK, heart attack patient bound for North Pole

"A former heart attack victim is trekking 400 miles from Canada to the magnetic North Pole in the "world's toughest race". Entrepreneur Roger Davies plans to stave off old age by hauling a sled across arctic terrain in temperatures of minus 40C. The defiant 61-year-old decided to take part in the Polar Race 2009, which began on Sunday, March 29, to raise funds for the Children's Trust at Tadworth Court. He said: "After months of preparation and training, I am tremendously excited to be about to set off. "As I grow older, I have no intention of slowing down and being a typical retiree. "My ambition was to get to the North Pole and I am very grateful for the support of Standard Life, without which this expedition would not have been possible.” "

No comments: