Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Norwich City fan thanks stewards for coming to his aid

"A Norwich City (UK) fan who suffered a heart attack and collapsed before a match has been given the chance to thank the stewards and paramedics who helped save his life after being reunited with them. Ian Miller, 61, from Pulham St Mary, was on his way to watch Norwich take on Birmingham at Carrow Road in August when he was taken ill. The City fan collapsed at turnstile 49-50 of the Jarrold Stand as he attempted to get into the ground to take his seat for the Championship game. He said: 'I do not really remember anything about it apart from getting through the turnstile. I was just unconscious, but I know my wife, Jane, raised the alarm and the stewards were first on the scene and called the paramedics who helped stabilise me before taking me to hospital which is where I regained conciseness.' Mr Miller, who also suffered a heart attack in May 2007, said he owed his life to the quick reactions of people who came to his aid on the day" - Norwich Evening News

No comments: